Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Know about Epilepsy

Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which a person has repeated seizures (convulsions) over time. Seizures are episodes of disturbed brain activity that cause changes in attention or behavior.

A seizure is the physical findings or changes in behavior that occur after an episode of abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Generalized tonic - clonic seizur :A generalized tonic-clonic seizure is a seizure involving the entire body. It is also called a grand mal seizure. The terms "seizure," convulsion," or "epilepsy" are most often associated with generalized tonic-clonic seizures

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Generalized tonic-clonic seizures may occur in people of any age. They may occur once (single episode), or as part of a repeated, chronic condition (epilepsy).

Symptoms

Many patients with generalized tonic-clonic seizures have vision, taste, smell, or sensory changes, hallucinations, or dizziness before the seizure. This is called an aura.

The seizures usually involve muscle rigidity, followed by violent muscle contractions, and loss of alertness (consciousness).Other symptoms that occur during the seizure may include:

  • Biting the cheek or tongue

  • Clenched teeth or jaw

  • Loss of urine or stool control (incontinence)

  • Stopped breathing or difficulty breathing

  • Blue skin color

After the seizure, the person may have:

  • Normal breathing

  • Sleepiness that lasts for 1 hour or longer

  • Loss of memory (amnesia) regarding events surrounding the seizure episode

  • Headache, drowisiness and confusion
  • Weakness of one side of the body for a few minutes to a few hours following seizure (called Todd's paralysis)


Brought to you by http://successgain.us and http://successgain.info

1 comment:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete